Action Ministries’ Smart Kid! After School programs serve families in high risk, high need communities with tutoring, mentorship, and parent activities. Each Smart Kid! After School program site is focused on meeting achievement benchmarks that include literacy, math, and social/emotional learning skills. Our students face special challenges as they strive to achieve their educational goals. Since 1988, Action Ministries has worked with children and their families to overcome these challenges, achieve their dreams, and ultimately break the cycle of poverty. We work together with both children and their parents to dream a bigger future for their children through the power of education.
Mentors are needed!
What is involved in becoming a mentor at the Smart Kid! AfterSchool program?
Volunteers help children improve their reading and math skills. They also assist with homework assignments and craft projects. Volunteers should be college-aged or older and must be able to volunteer for at least four hours each month. Potential mentors must pass a background check in order to work with children.
Smart Kid After-School program, Roswell
- LOCATION: Vickery Mill Elementary, 1201 Alpharetta St, Roswell, GA 30075
- CONTACT: Gilma Cantu, Program Coordinator
Smart Kid After-School program, Grace
- LOCATION: Grace United Methodist Church, 458 Ponce de Leon Ave., Atlanta, GA 30308
- CONTACT: Stacy Finley, Program Coordinator
Smart Kid After-School program, Rome
- LOCATION: West Rome Baptist Church, 914 Shorter Ave NW, Rome, GA 30165
- CONTACT: Demetria Fears, Program Coordinator
- Donate new children’s clothing, school supplies, summer camp scholarships and healthy snacks
- Sponsor a child in the Smart Kid! After-School program
- Become an after-school mentor for the Smart Kid! After-School program
- Sponsor a field trip for children enrolled in the Smart Kid! After-School program
- Sponsor a trip to sleep-away camp for a child enrolled in the Smart Kid! After-School program
Donate to Education Programming Today