A Life-Changer in Georgia!
Throughout Georgia, a network of dedicated volunteers and community partners are joining together to serve their neighbors in need. In Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Covington, Gainesville and Rome, as well as through our programs such as Breakthru House and Housing, and our regional initiatives Smart Lunch, Smart Kid and Feed the Hungry, we are serving more Georgians than ever before. When you get involved in breaking the cycle of poverty for your neighbors in need, it’s not just their lives that are changed. It’s YOURS, too!
Where? Metro Atlanta
Host a food drive to benefit FTH or pack food boxes for needy families or SuperPacks for schoolchildren at our warehouse or your location.
- LOCATION: Feed the Hungry, 2160 Hills Avenue, Building 2, 2160 F, Atlanta, GA 30318
- CONTACT: Shakura Conoly, program coordinator, 404-886-2494
Provide or serve a meal at the Women’s Community Kitchen.
- LOCATION: Women’s Community Kitchen, 458 Ponce de Leon Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30308
- CONTACT: Katherine Bailey, WCK manager
Organize a group of friends (4-6 volunteers) to bring and share a meal with Breakthru clients. Supper Club is ideal for first-time volunteer groups. Second Wednesday of the month from 6 to 8 p.m.
- LOCATION: Breakthru House, 1866 Eastfield Street, Decatur, GA 30032
- CONTACT: Katie Phillips, development coordinator
Donate items for a welcome kit for families transitioning out of homelessness.
- LOCATION: Action Ministries Housing, 1017 Edgewood Ave, Atlanta, GA 30307
- CONTACT: Tina Grubbs, director of support teams and volunteer relations
Lead a creativity night or game night with interns from the Candler School of Theology to encourage residents to socialize and practice creative expression. Assist with a library redesign project or a gardening revitalization project. All new volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation.
- LOCATION: Welcome House, 234 Memorial Drive SW, Atlanta, GA 30303
- CONTACT: Renee Howze, resident life enrichment coordinator
Use your Super Bowl 50 celebration on Feb. 7 to raise money for the hungry in Athens.
Provide a meal at Our Daily Bread. Breakfast is served at 8 a.m., and lunch is served at noon, Monday through Friday. Sack meals are served at noon on Saturdays and 3 p.m. on Sundays. Click on Volunteer Guide for Serving at Our Daily Bread.
- LOCATION: Our Daily Bread, Athens First Baptist Church, 355 Pulaski Street, Athens, GA 30601
- CONTACT: Solomon Smothers, executive director
- LOCATION: Maxwell House, 1002 Greene Street, Augusta, GA 30901
- CONTACT: Danielle Meyer, director of Augusta housing partnerships
Use your Super Bowl 50 celebration on Feb. 7 to raise money for the hungry in Covington.
Help fund or prepare SuperPacks, weekend meals for at-risk children.
- LOCATION: 2160 Church Street, Covington, Ga. 30014
- CONTACT: Tamara Richardson, area director
Use your Super Bowl 50 celebration on Feb. 7 to raise money for the hungry in Gainesville.
Serve as a case manager volunteer, answer phones or pick up food boxes at Feed the Hungry warehouse and bring to Gainesville.
- LOCATION: Action Ministries in Gainesville, 1 1st Street, Gainesville, GA 30504
- CONTACT: Terri Armour, executive director
Use your Super Bowl 50 celebration on Feb. 7 to raise money for the hungry in Rome.
Donate, pack and deliver backpacks containing four meals to children in need to feed them over the weekends. Deliveries take place on Thursdays and Fridays.