Throughout Georgia, a network of dedicated volunteers and community partners have joined together to serve their neighbors in need. In Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Gainesville and Rome, as well as through our programs such as Breakthru House and Housing, and our statewide initiatives Smart Lunch, Smart Kid and Feed the Hungry, we are serving more Georgians than ever before. What was first centered around Atlanta has now morphed into a much bigger, more influential organization. With your help, Action Ministries will continue to be a leader in breaking the cycle of poverty in Georgia.
Your Action Speaks Louder than Words!
You can make a difference by:
- Assisting staff in the collection, processing and distribution of donated items
- Providing or serving meals at one of our local community kitchens
- Donating food, clothing, furniture, bikes or school supplies
- Helping with the upkeep and maintenance of our program houses, offices and grounds
You can turn your own experience into action by:
- Tutoring children in reading, writing or math
- Providing educational sessions with clients in financial literacy, job readiness, or life skills training
- Sponsoring advocacy events that highlight hunger, housing or education issues
- Serving as an Action Ministries liaison at your place of business or worship
- “Adopting” families or children during the holiday season or for birthdays
You can invest your treasure in Action Ministries by:
- Donating online
- Making a monthly, quarterly or a one-time gift via check or credit card
- Contacting us about a planned gift
For more information about giving, contact Nancy Gaddy, vice president of development, at (404) 881-1991, ext. 5623, or email@example.com.