Hunger is not a problem most of us closely associate with our neighbors in the United States, judged around the world as the “land of plenty.” Relatively few of us know what it’s like to put children to bed hungry or undernourished, and few know the feelings of defeat and hopelessness that come with being unable to provide all of our children’s basic needs. Action Ministries hunger relief programs relieve people of the burden of searching for their next meal, enabling them to shift their focus from daily survival to finding a lasting means of supporting themselves and their families.
Provide or serve a meal at the Women’s Community Kitchen.
- LOCATION: Women’s Community Kitchen, 458 Ponce de Leon Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30308
- TIME: Monday – Friday 10 am – 12 pm
- CONTACT: Kara Campbell, partner relations coordinator
- Great for Groups of 10 or fewer!
- SIGN UP HERE
Host a food drive to benefit FTH or pack food boxes (we need 2,000 every month!) for needy families or SuperPacks for schoolchildren at our warehouse or your location.
- LOCATION: Feed the Hungry, 2160 Hills Avenue, Building 2, 2160 F, Atlanta, GA 30318
- TIME: Typically Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- CONTACT to schedule volunteer events: Amy Olvey, Director for Hunger Relief Programs, 678-469-6215
- CONTACT to schedule food box & Superpack pickups: Eugene Overton, operations manager, Feed the Hungry warehouse
- Great for weekend volunteers and groups of up to 35
- SIGN UP HERE
Provide and serve a hot meal and to-go bags each Sunday at Trinity Table. Plan a special project, such as distributing winter coats, socks, hygiene kits or other items needed by our guests.
- LOCATION: Trinity Table Kitchen, 265 Washington Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30303
- TIME: Sundays from 10 am – 2 pm
- SUNDAYS ONLY
- CONTACT: Bonnie Selleck, Trinity Table volunteer manager to sign your group up to serve and or prepare a meal
- SIGN UP HERE to serve as a Sunday support volunteer – this includes organizing donations, pantry stock, etc.
Prepare and/or serve lunches to children in need during summer and school holidays.
- LOCATION: Metro Atlanta communities
- CONTACT: Your local SLSK coordinator or Amy Olvey, Hunger Relief Program Director
- Spring Break 2018 Sites
- Fulton County
- DeKalb County
- Gwinnett County
Please note, if you are 18 years of age or older and will be interacting with the children in our communities, you must complete a background check