Volunteers are the lifeblood of Breakthru House and the foundation of our capacity to transform lives. Our volunteers are ordinary people doing extraordinary things, which makes them Life-Changers in our book! Any volunteer in recovery must have at least two years sober and be actively working a 12-step program.
Organize a group of friends (4-6 volunteers) to bring and share a meal with Breakthru clients. Supper Club is ideal for first-time volunteer groups. Second Wednesday of the month from 6 to 8 p.m.
- LOCATION: Breakthru House, 1866 Eastfield Street, Decatur, GA 30032
- CONTACT: Sherrese Jordan, administrative manager
- Enrichment Group Leader Lead an enrichment activity for our clients. Possible groups include art, gardening, book club and more. Thursdays or Fridays, 4-5 p.m.; Saturdays 1-3 p.m.
- Educational Group Leader Share a special talent, skill set or interest with our clients. Thursdays or Fridays, 4-5 p.m.
- Exercise Leader Help clients develop healthy, active lifestyles. Mondays, 3-4:30 p.m.; Fridays, 2-3 p.m.
- Spirituality Leader Lead clients in a spiritually enriching discussion or study. Mondays, 7-8 p.m.
- Weekend Activities Participate in a fun recreational activity with clients. Possible activities include arts/crafts, volleyball, cookie-baking and board games. Saturdays, 1-3 p.m.
- Campus Improvements Organize a group of volunteers to help keep our houses and campus beautiful. Service projects include painting, yard work, landscaping and house redecoration. Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Encourager Write personal anonymous notes to clients, welcoming them to Breakthru House, encouraging them in their recovery or celebrating milestones.
- Handyman/Handywoman Assist Breakthru House with campus projects or repairs as needed.
- Missional Volunteers Help Breakthru House fulfill its mission by supporting its community relations and fundraising activities. Join a Special Events Committee, become a church liaison for your congregation or help spread the word about Breakthru House in your own community.
- Gardening Work with our residents in the vegetable garden, Thursdays or Fridays, 4-5 p.m., or Saturdays, 1-3 p.m.
Volunteer Matching Gift Opportunities
If you volunteer with us, your company may also offer a volunteer grant program.
Matching gifts and volunteer grants are an important source of revenue for the ongoing operation of Action Ministries. Click here for more information.
Be an Life-Changer Volunteer!
Questions? Contact Sherrese Jordan, administrative manager, at 404-284-4658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.