Volunteers are the lifeblood of Action Ministries Metro – Atlanta and the foundation of our capacity to transform lives. Our volunteers are ordinary people doing extraordinary things, which makes them Life-Changers in our book!
Groups and individuals provide and serve lunch at the Women’s Community Kitchen, where we serve more than 20,000 meals each year to low-income and homeless women and children.
Groups and individuals provide and serve a hot meal and to-go bags each Sunday at Trinity Table. Plan a special project, such as distributing winter coats, socks, hygiene kits or other items needed by our guests.
- Donate sack lunches to the Women’s Community Kitchen to provide weekend meals, ensuring that clients receive food 7 days a week
- Donate new children’s clothing, school supplies, summer camp scholarships and healthy snacks
- Sponsor a child in the Smart Kid After-School program
- Become an after-school or reading tutor for the Smart Kid After-School program
- Sponsor a Saturday field trip for homeless children enrolled in the Smart Kid After-School program
- Donate cleaning supplies, trash bags and paper products for use in our community kitchens
What are some sample menus for the community kitchens?
- Two hot dogs, baked beans, piece of fruit, slice of cake
- Two ham and cheese sandwiches, bag of chips, canned fruit, cookie
- Piece of chicken, green beans, roll, baked potato, jello
Volunteer Matching Gift Opportunities
If you volunteer with us, your company may also offer a volunteer grant program. Matching gifts and volunteer grants are an important source of revenue for the ongoing operation of Action Ministries. Click here for more information.
Be a Life-Changer Volunteer!
For more information, contact Katie Farmer at email@example.com.