Volunteers are the lifeblood of Action Ministries Metro – Atlanta and the foundation of our capacity to transform lives. Our volunteers are ordinary people doing extraordinary things, which makes them Life-Changers in our book!
Groups and individuals provide and serve lunch at the Women’s Community Kitchen, where we serve more than 20,000 meals each year to low-income and homeless women and children.
Groups and individuals provide and serve a hot meal and to-go bags each Sunday at Trinity Table. Plan a special project, such as distributing winter coats, socks, hygiene kits or other items needed by our guests.
- Provide and serve lunch on weekdays at the Women’s Community Kitchen.
- Provide and serve lunch on Sundays at Trinity Table Community Kitchen.
- Donate sack lunches to provide weekend hunger relief to our guests.
- Enlist community support for the Dine Out, Do Good annual fundraiser.
- Collect and distribute hygiene or winter weather kits.
- Collect and donate cleaning supplies, trash bags and paper products for our kitchens.
- Join our Action Council.
- Engage your business or group to take part in our poverty learning exercise to learn more about the hard choices our guests face daily.
What are some sample menus for the community kitchens?
- Two hot dogs, baked beans, piece of fruit, slice of cake
- Two ham and cheese sandwiches, bag of chips, canned fruit, cookie
- Piece of chicken, green beans, roll, baked potato, jello
Volunteer Matching Gift Opportunities
If you volunteer with us, your company may also offer a volunteer grant program. Matching gifts and volunteer grants are an important source of revenue for the ongoing operation of Action Ministries. Click here for more information.
Be a Life-Changer Volunteer!
For more information, contact Katie Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.