Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Action Ministries Athens and the foundation of our capacity to transform lives. Our volunteers are ordinary people doing extraordinary things, which makes them Life-Changers in our book!
Provide a meal at Our Daily Bread. Breakfast is served at 8 a.m., and lunch is served at noon, Monday through Friday. Sack meals are served at noon on Saturdays and 3 p.m. on Sundays. Click on Volunteer Guide for Serving at Our Daily Bread.
- LOCATION: Our Daily Bread, Athens First Baptist Church, 355 Pulaski Street, Athens, GA 30601
- CONTACT: Solomon Smothers, executive director
- Volunteer to work in One Community Garden in the summer.
- Support a housing client partner as a member of a support team.
- Sponsor a drive. Click on Wish List.
- Tutor in our GED/Adult Literacy Program. Click on GED Volunteer Position Description.
- Become a member of the Local Action Council.
Volunteer Matching Gift Opportunities
If you volunteer with us, your company may also offer a volunteer grant program. Matching gifts and volunteer grants are an important source of revenue for the ongoing operation of Action Ministries. Click here for more information.
Be a Life-Changer Volunteer!
Contact Solomon Smothers, executive director, at 706-353-6647 ext. 5670 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To fulfill required community service hours, contact Zachary Burgess, kitchen manager, at email@example.com.