Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Action Ministries Athens and the foundation of our capacity to transform lives. Our volunteers are ordinary people doing extraordinary things, which makes them Life-Changers in our book!
Our Daily Bread
Provide personal care kits to be distributed at Our Daily Bread’s annual Christmas meal at Chapelwood UMC. Deliver kit items to the Fellowship Hall of Chapelwood UMC on any weekday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. The deadline for dropping off supplies is Friday, Dec. 19, 2014, at 1 p.m.
- Wash cloth
- Hand towel
- Bath-size bar of soap
- Toothpaste: 4-7 oz. size
- Disposable razor
- Nail clippers
- 6 Band-aids
- LOCATION: Chapelwood UMC Fellowship Hall, 100 Janice Drive, Athens, GA
- CONTACT: Solomon Smothers, program administrator
Smart Lunch, Smart Kid
- CONTACT: Drew Hooks, hunger relief coordinator
- Provide a meal at Our Daily Bread. Breakfast is served at 8 a.m., and lunch is served at noon, Monday through Friday. Sack meals are served at noon on Saturdays and 3 p.m. on Sundays. Click on Volunteer Guide for Serving at Our Daily Bread.
- Volunteer at Our Daily Bread.
- Volunteer to work in One Community Garden in the summer.
- Support a housing client partner as a member of a support team.
- Sponsor a drive. Click on Wish List.
- Tutor in our GED/Adult Literacy Program. Click on GED Volunteer Position Description.
- Become a member of the Local Action Council.
Volunteer Matching Gift Opportunities
If you volunteer with us, your company may also offer a volunteer grant program.
Matching gifts and volunteer grants are an important source of revenue for the ongoing operation of Action Ministries. Click here for more information.
Be a Life-Changer Volunteer!
Contact Solomon Smothers, program administrator, at 706-353-6647 ext. 5670 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To fulfill required community service hours, contact Zachary Burgess, kitchen manager, at email@example.com.