Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Action Ministries Athens and the foundation of our capacity to transform lives. Our volunteers are ordinary people doing extraordinary things, which makes them Life-Changers in our book!
Work at One Community Garden at Young Harris Memorial UMC. We need volunteers to help us maintain the garden all summer. Fresh produce from the garden helps feed guests at Our Daily Bread Community Kitchen.
- LOCATION: Young Harris Memorial UMC, 973 Prince Avenue, Athens, GA 30606
- CONTACT: Drew Hooks, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a meal at Our Daily Bread. Breakfast is served at 8 a.m., and lunch is served at noon, Monday through Friday. Sack meals are served at noon on Saturdays and 3 p.m. on Sundays. Click on Volunteer Guide for Serving at Our Daily Bread.
- Volunteer at Our Daily Bread.
- Support a housing client partner as a member of a support team.
- Sponsor a drive. Click on Wish List.
- Tutor in our GED/Adult Literacy Program. Click on GED Volunteer Position Description.
- Tutor in our Computer Lab. Click on Computer Tutor Volunteer Position.
- Become a member of the Local Action Council.
Volunteer Matching Gift Opportunities
If you volunteer with us, your company may also offer a volunteer grant program.
Matching gifts and volunteer grants are an important source of revenue for the ongoing operation of Action Ministries. Click here for more information.
Be a Life-Changer Volunteer!
Contact Solomon Smothers, program administrator, at 706-353-6647 ext. 5670 or email@example.com. To fulfill required community service hours, contact Zachary Burgess, kitchen manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.