Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Action Ministries Athens and the foundation of our capacity to transform lives. Our volunteers are ordinary people doing extraordinary things, which makes them Life-Changers in our book!
Volunteers needed to make lunches, deliver lunches and provide enrichment and mentoring opportunities for children in need, beginning June 1. We need donations of nonperishable lunch items, books and money.
- LOCATIONS: Clarke and Oconee counties
- CONTACT: Elizabeth Deroshia (Beth) at EDeroshia@actionministries.net or 678-630-5189; Drew Hooks at DHooks@actionministries.net or 478-494-7717
Our Daily Bread
Provide a meal at Our Daily Bread. Breakfast is served at 8 a.m., and lunch is served at noon, Monday through Friday. Sack meals are served at noon on Saturdays and 3 p.m. on Sundays. Click on Volunteer Guide for Serving at Our Daily Bread.
- LOCATION: Our Daily Bread, Athens First Baptist Church, 355 Pulaski Street, Athens, GA 30601
- CONTACT: Solomon Smothers, program administrator
- Volunteer to work in One Community Garden in the summer.
- Support a housing client partner as a member of a support team.
- Sponsor a drive. Click on Wish List.
- Tutor in our GED/Adult Literacy Program. Click on GED Volunteer Position Description.
- Become a member of the Local Action Council.
Volunteer Matching Gift Opportunities
If you volunteer with us, your company may also offer a volunteer grant program. Matching gifts and volunteer grants are an important source of revenue for the ongoing operation of Action Ministries. Click here for more information.
Be a Life-Changer Volunteer!
Contact Solomon Smothers, executive director, at 706-353-6647 ext. 5670 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To fulfill required community service hours, contact Zachary Burgess, kitchen manager, at email@example.com.