Atlanta – (March 1, 2017) – Amerigroup Community Care, one of Georgia’s leading providers of Medicaid managed care benefits, has joined Action Ministries in the effort to fight hunger and promote healthy lifestyles across Georgia. Amerigroup has sponsored a meal truck that will be used by Action Ministries to deliver free meals to individuals and families in need. The two organizations will be unveiling this new delivery truck during Amerigroup’s Pop-Up Pantry Party tour, a mobile food distribution effort that will travel across Georgia to distribute free meals, host cooking classes, provide free health screenings and promote healthy lifestyles. The Pop-Up Pantry Party launches its tour in Gainesville, Ga. and will make eight stops throughout the month of March:
- Saturday, March 4: East Hall Community Center, 3911 P. Davison Rd., Gainesville, GA 30507; 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Saturday, March 11: Martin Luther King Elem. School, 350 30th, Columbus, GA 31903; 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 16: College Park Library, 3647 Main St., College Park, GA 30337; 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18: King-Danforth Boys & Girls Club, 1301 Shurling Dr., Macon, GA 31217; 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 22: Cobb Civic Center, 548 S Marietta Pkwy. SE, Marietta, GA 30060 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Thursday, March 23: West Broad Street YMCA, 1110 May St., Savannah, GA 3415; 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 25: Tift Park Comm. Market, 5th Ave. & Monroe, Albany, GA 31707; 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Thursday, March 30: Kroc Center of Augusta, 1833 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30904; 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Download the press release here: Pop-up Pantries Popping up in Georgia in March