We at Action Ministries are excited about this special annual opportunity to tell our story and engage the North Georgia United Methodist Conference with their neighbors in need.
On any given night, there are hundreds of families with children living in extended stay hotels that dot the north Georgia landscape. There are thousands more who are one paycheck, health crisis or car repair bill away from homelessness. In Georgia, we have the second highest rate of homeless veterans in the U.S., and we are in the top 10 for overall poverty rates in the nation. About 1 million of our kids are considered food-insecure.
On a recent visit to an extended stay hotel where his nonprofit serves, Action Ministries’ CEO and President was stunned to learn that his companion on the visit, a highly successful CEO for a large Georgia corporation, had lived with her mother in a similar place while in high school. She commented, “If it hadn’t been for people like you, in the church, coming in and helping, I’m not sure where I would be today.”
Today, the church has a bold and unique opportunity to step into the stories of their neighbors in need—those struggling with poverty, homelessness, hunger and a lack of education—and help them write a new chapter in their lives. With the help of the NGUMC Special Offering, Action Ministries can Raise the Roof over the heads of families in need, providing them with the foundational pillars of hunger relief, housing and educational opportunities.
Action Ministries Sunday Online Marketing Kit
- Link to a professionally produced video that calls on churches to Raise the Roof for people in need.
- A quick and easy text-to-donate option: Text the word AMSUNDAY to 41444 OR donate online at this link: https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/ActionMinistries/AMS-1.html
- A Church Bulletin Insert (PDF)
- Promotional blurbs for the church newsletter, website or social media posts (see below)
- A Pledge Card to accompany donations in the offering plate
- AMI speakers are available for Action Ministries Sunday giving presentations, upon request. We would love to come to your church and highlight the issues of poverty, hunger, homelessness and education in North Georgia.
- Contact Keya Hillman at email@example.com or 404-881-1991 to request speakers or more information.
If the Dec. 4 date does not work for your church, please consider an alternate date. We’re here to support your efforts to love your neighbors any time of the year!
Church Bulletin Blurbs, Social Media Posts
Raise the Roof for families in Georgia by giving on Action Ministries Sunday, Dec. 4. On any given night, there are hundreds of families with children living in extended stay hotels that dot the north Georgia landscape. There are thousands more who are one paycheck, health crisis or car repair bill away from homelessness. In Georgia, we have the second highest rate of homeless veterans in the U.S., and we are in the top 10 for overall poverty rates in the nation. About 1 million of our kids are considered food-insecure. The homeless, hungry and vulnerable are literally our neighbors. It’s not enough to “wish them well and send them on their way.” We can put our faith into action and positively impact the lives of our neighbors in need by giving to Action Ministries in a special offering on Dec. 4. To learn more about this Life-Changing organization, visit www.actionministries.net.
Sample tweet: What if you could be a Life-Changer for someone in need? Find out how on Action Ministries Sunday, Dec. 4! @actioningeorgia
Video clip to post to social media:
Share your “giving” story on social media, using the hashtag #RaisetheRoof and tag Action Ministries.